Half of the fun comes outside of the actual band activities and have more to do with just experiencing new things like meeting new people and getting to eat new food. When touring all over the country, you get to eat at restaurants you do not usually get to eat in. This gives you the opportunity to try out meals you haven’t tasted yet and eat food that have slightly varied preparation from the ones you are used to. Here are a few foods you should really try in the places you get to travel to.
- Salads-When one thinks of band tours, the word salad rarely comes up. Make no mistake, when it comes to salad, there are usually no two restaurants that have the same kind of presentation and taste. You would be surprised how delicious salads can be especially if they are quite different from the ones you are used to back at home.
- Burgers- No matter where you are, burgers are just about the most accessible and somehow most welcoming food you can find. You really do not need to settle with fast-food franchise burgers since they are usually the same everywhere you go. Instead, you can opt for unique burger joints in each town so you can see for yourself which you prefer.
- Steaks- Steaks are also some of those things that somehow do not taste the same in different places. Each steak that you partake in would be a blend of flavors and presentation that would most likely be unique for you and your palette. You should get your knife and keep your best electric knife sharpener beside you since you are in for some tasty adventures.
- Pasta- Though not necessarily different from place to place, pasta is one food that you will most likely crave at least twice a week. Which is why, you should be sure to check out the locale for any pasta joints that would satisfy your pasta craving quota.
- Pizza- Another type of food you can’t really overlook when you are on tour all over the country with your band is pizza. Sure, you feel like you won’t really be craving for pizza when you’re on tour and exposed to new places and new food, but you would be on the road a lot and pizza is always the most accessible food for any group. You could at least make use of this opportunity to try out newer pizza places and try out different kinds of pizza. You’d be surprised on how much you’ll love them.